Universe is looking for a VP Marketing to lead our growth and marketing initiatives. This role is part art, part science. It spans the quantitative (product analysis, in-app experimentation, pricing) and qualitative (brand marketing, press, collaborations) sides of marketing.
In this role you'll work with best-in-class analytical marketers, product managers, and designers. The goal is to grow our business and put a dent in the larger culture. We're looking to build a marketing "machine" that complements our category-defining product team.
Universe is the world's first website builder designed for mobile phones. Our mission is to empower everyone to build the internet, starting with serious websites built in under a minute. We are a 14-person company with people all over the US, we're growing revenues 20% every month (currently $1mm ARR), and our product has been used by over 400,000 creators and small businesses. We joined Y Combinator in 2018 and have raised $17.2mm in financing from Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Javelin Venture Partners, Box Group, and more top investors.
We value individual agency and ownership—which guides our product design and our company’s culture. While other companies offer lots of perks, we prioritize your freedom: work from anywhere, in the way you’re at your best. We believe that an individual’s capacity for growth is far larger than most understand, and we’ve designed an environment to support rapid, continuous learning. Ideas here come from everyone, initiative is respected, and quality matters. We are here to build something special and enduring.
- Manage creative and brand holistically at the company working closely with our design team
- Oversee the growth team and manage the execution of bottoms-up and top-down strategies including funnel optimization
- Develop strategy and manage the execution of campaigns across various channels
- Drive measurable business impact by establishing and meeting key targets
- Own lifecycle marketing efforts and identify opportunities to improve our communication and presence
- Collaborate cross functionally with design, product, and engineering to align on goals, meet targets, and support broader company objectives
- Build your marketing team (recruiting, hiring, onboarding, management)
You’d be a good fit if:
- You can work at the highest and lowest levels; thinking strategically but ready to get your hands dirty and run campaigns if that's what the team needs
- You are a self-starter and able to own various initiatives from start to finish
- You appreciate both creative and quantitative work and delight in unblocking it
- You’re super organized, you work hard, and you communicate clearly
- You have built something from scratch. Whether it’s another startup, a feature film, or a political campaign.
- You have experience working in a startup environment that requires flexibility, continuous innovation and performance improvement
- You have experience leading teams, working cross-functionally, and outcomes driven
Compensation is highly competitive with generous equity. To apply, email the CEO at [email protected] with your story along with why you are interested in this role.