Universe opens up the possibilities of the internet to everyone. With our app, anyone on earth can build a custom website or online store in seconds — without code, all from a phone. A magical grid interface distills the web into simple Lego-like building blocks. We are empowering a new economy of creators to launch businesses, pursue their passions, and turn their dreams into reality. Our mission is to empower everyone to gain creative and financial freedom. Our approach is through great design.
We are looking for a Design Producer to join our Design Studio. You will facilitate the creative process across our entire design team: Product Design & Brand Design. You will collaborate closely with David Pfluger, our Creative Director and report to Colin Dunn, our Head of Design.
This is an opportunity to join a new kind of design studio—one that truly invents. It's an opportunity to work on a product that unlocks creativity. A chance to shape a product that represents a radically better internet — pushing the envelope of cultural relevance in a way that is common in fashion but unheard of in technology.
Finally, it's an opportunity to join a company that lives on the internet. Universe is a distributed team—we have over 40 employees across the US.
About the role
* Create the conditions for successful creative work.
* Ensure every member of the studio is unblocked and empowered.
* Help set goals, manage timelines, and track progress.
* Organize meaningful design reviews and creative discussions.
* Make connections across teams and projects that nobody else can see.
* Help plan and execute design studio off-sites.
* Manage design processes like creative reviews, hiring, and feedback.
* Be the steward of our design principles and ensure we maintain excellence as we scale.
* Process oriented, excellent at planning, able to identify pain points and opportunities.
* Understands how the creative process works and excited to facilitate that process and unlock potential in others.
* Experienced with creative project management.
* Highly effective; can establish rapport, credibility, and influence within a team and help drive projects to completion.
* Focused & organized. Know where you are most needed and how to apply yourself.
* Excellent writer and communicator. Can express ideas clearly and synthesize information.
* Detail oriented with exceptional follow-through skills. Know how to achieve creative goals.
* Can juggle many streams of work simultaneously and work cross-functionally.
* Passion for design.
While we've accomplished a lot, we're only just getting started. There are now 5 billion people online, but only a tiny fraction of them can actually build the internet. With good design, we can change that.