Head of Marketing
Universe opens up the possibilities of the internet to everyone. A magical new way to build websites — it's the first website builder and commerce platform built for mobile devices. With our app, anyone on earth can build a custom website or online store in seconds — without code, all from a phone. Universe is the most powerful and easy-to-use mobile website builder. A magical GRID that distills the web into simple Lego-like building blocks. We help creators shape unique brands, build their businesses, and grow their audiences in ways they haven't been able to before — empowering everyone to build the internet.
Team and Investors
We are a remote-first, 50+ person, fully distributed team spread out across the US and the world, that will double in the coming year. We went through Y Combinator in 2018 and have raised $47M in funding to date from leading investors including Addition, Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Box Group, and Javelin Venture Partners. We are a tiny spaceship exploring a vast, unknown cosmos. Grab a seat, we’re about to blast off.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Marketing will oversee all aspects of marketing strategy and execution including go-to-market strategy, product marketing, performance marketing, SEO, content, acquisition & lifecycle marketing, brand, PR, and community. We need someone as energized, curious, and rebellious as us to build and lead this team into the unknown.
What you’ll do
- Set overall vision and strategy for all marketing initiatives to support our growth objectives.
- Build, manage, and lead a world-class marketing organization across a variety of functions including growth, product marketing, content, and brand.
- Own and scale marketing budget, optimize conversion and monetization, and ensure marketing efforts are efficient while delivering ROI.
- Develop our customer acquisition strategy and multi-channel campaigns to drive new subscribers and upsell efforts.
- Work closely with Product to develop GTM strategy and roadmap, positioning, messaging, and pricing.
- Be a voice for our users, gather insights and deep understanding of customer needs in order to develop strategies that resonate and strengthen engagement.
-Craft our narrative, tell our story, and help us emerge as THE category leader.
Who you are
- 10-15+ years of marketing experience at tech-forward companies.
- You have a track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
- You have broad knowledge across the full marketing stack from product marketing to growth.
- You are data-driven, analytical and ROI focused, with a track record of driving revenue growth.
- You are strategic yet hands-on — with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are customer-focused, collaborative, resilient, with bias for action and sense of urgency.
- You can inspire your team and our larger team — representing a vision for what Universe could be.
- Nice to have: experience with consumer-facing apps.
- Must have: lots of enthusiasm for the opportunity we're tackling!
While we've accomplished a lot, we're only just getting started. There are now 5 billion people online, but only a tiny fraction of them can actually build the internet. With a great product and team, we can change that.