Lifecycle and Engagement
Universe opens up the possibilities of the internet to everyone. A magical grid that distills the web into simple Lego-like building blocks. With our app, anyone on earth can build a custom website or online store in seconds — without code, all from a phone.
As Lifecycle and Engagement Manager, you will drive the development, execution and complete optimization of campaigns to grow and engage our customers. You’ll be the expert on engagement channels, including in-app messages, push notifications, email, and SMS, leading data-driven campaigns with measurable impact. You’ll ensure we are constantly capturing opportunity for all Universe users to become long-lasting Pro users, and continuing to come back to the app to maintain and upkeep their websites. You’re a self-navigating executor who is technical, creative, and enterprising, and you’ll partner with others on the marketing team to bring campaigns to life.
What you’ll do 🔧
- Manage the ongoing creation, deployment, iteration and optimization of campaigns and workflows including push notifications, in-app messages, email and SMS.
- Map customer journeys across full lifecycle, identifying the best engagement and conversion opportunities and delivering on your objectives to exploit them.
- Use data and thoughtfully designed experiments to constantly learn and improve.
- Ensure users are healthily converting to Pro and maintaining their Pro subscriptions.
- Partner with in-house design teams to develop best-in-class engaging campaigns that complement our brand and meet objectives.
- Consult our Product and Engineering teams on new targeting, personalization, and messaging capabilities or tools.
Quantitative metrics 🧮
- Engagement for comms touchpoints: Open rate, click-rate and conversion rate:
- Upselling to our premium offering: Install > Pro subscription rate
- Reducing users canceling their Pro membership: Churn rate
- Engaging users with our product: MAUs and DAUs
Who you 👀
- Deep experience using marketing tools (with a strong emphasis on tools like Braze or Iterable)
- 4+ years of data-driven, impact-proven lifecycle marketing with a high-growth company
- An ability to efficiently partner with different team members, including team members on Product, Design, and Product Marketing, to execute your projects.
- Capacity to strategically think and plan, while simultaneously delivering through operational execution to meet objectives.
- A commanding experience with using data tools to identify and exploit opportunities for growth
- You are comfortable with self-navigating a high-growth, fast-paced startup
- A creator at heart, believing in Universe’s mission to build the internet